World Homeschooler’s Day was established in 2021 to celebrate the hard work, dedication, commitment, and achievements of homeschoolers worldwide.
Marked annually on the first Friday in June, World Homeschooler’s Day is a global day for homeschoolers to celebrate their achievements, experiences, and growth over the previous year. This year, we celebrate on Friday, June 3.
The day also is a call to action for homeschoolers to:
- celebrate their family’s unique homeschooling journey
- observe the massive efforts taken each day of each family member to be or become whole, empowered, educated adults through the homeschooling lifestyle
- raise awareness about the need for inclusion of families from all walks of life within the homeschool community
- Support small businesses run by and for homeschooling kids, parents, and families
Inspired by homeschoolers’ incredible yet mostly invisible work, veteran homeschool mom Camille Kirksey wanted to create a holiday for all homeschool families.
After noticing that many homeschool events happen during the school year, she wanted the holiday to be closer to summer as many homeschoolers had either completed their year or were taking a break while gearing up for the next stage of their homeschool journey.
Camille also wanted to address the lack of a national and international secular holiday for homeschool families. Before World Homeschooler’s Day, homeschool holidays (and events) tended to be faith-based and focused more on homeschooling’s nuts and bolts than celebrating the families themselves.
World Homeschooler’s Day was founded for all homeschoolers to celebrate their hard work, dedication, commitment, and achievements each year.
Learn more about Camille here.
Help get the word out!
Let’s make World Homeschooler’s Day a staple in the homeschool community for years to come by making the first year a success. The more homeschoolers who participate, the better!
Here are some ways to participate with homeschoolers worldwide before and on World Homeschooler’s Day.
- Like or follow on Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Share our website and social media pages on your blog, social media accounts, online homeschool groups, and word-of-mouth with other homeschoolers.
- Use #worldhomeschoolersday2022 when sharing posts about the holiday (we’ll reshare on our social media accounts!).
“I hope each family uses World Homeschooler’s Day to reflect on the beauty of their unique journey. Homeschooling lets you grow individually and knit more closely together as a family. What could be better than that?”
— Camille Kirksey, Founder of World Homeschooler’s Day
Ways to celebrate
Need ideas for celebrating ? We’ve got you covered.
Check out these inspirational and creative ideas:
Our blog offers articles on practical homeschool tips, much-needed homeschool wisdom, product recommendations, and more.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
We would like to thank our sponsors for their support and commitment to providing inclusive and diverse products and services to the homeschool community.