World Homeschooler’s Day (WHSD) is an international holiday to celebrate the achievements, experiences, and growth of homeschoolers.
In 2023, we seek to add a holiday theme song that captures one of the reasons for the holiday: to raise awareness about the need for the inclusion of families from all walks of life within the homeschool community.
Contest Eligibility & Song Requirements
- Song should be written about the importance of diversity, inclusion, and/or celebrating of homeschoolers worldwide
- Must be an original, unpublished song written and performed by a current or former homeschooler (student or parent)
- Songs must be 90-seconds or less
- This contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters worldwide.
- Submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, May 5, 2023.
- Only one (1) entry per person.
- Submitted in an mp3 or mp4 format only
- Must provide lyrics, names of the songwriter(s), headshot(s) or another identifiable image(s) (logo, etc.), and Instagram social media handle
Finalist and Winner Selection
- One (1) winner will be chosen through a public voting process, which will run May 14 through May 21, 2023.
- Votes will be tallied, and the winner will be announced on Friday, June 2, 2023, via WHSD social media platforms, on the WHSD website, and via email.
- Winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card and have their song uploaded on YouTube as an official lyric video by Friday, June 2, 2023.
- The Sponsor(s) of this contest are TBD.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- We are not responsible for late, lost, or misappropriated entries or faulty file uploads accompanying online entries.
- The winning song may be used in future WHSD promotions.
- This contest is void where prohibited. All international, federal, state, and local laws, regulations, rules, and ordinances apply.